If you just started a business on video editing industry, as youtuber or maybe you want film and editing videos for your own bussines, probabily some tips for creating professional-quality videos can help you.
After years of experience and testing I can give you the most important
9 tips for creating professional-quality videos in 2023.
- Invest in a good camera: While you don’t need to break the bank on the latest and greatest camera, it’s worth investing in a model that can produce high-quality video. Look for features like 4K resolution, good low-light performance, and the ability to shoot at a high frame rate. When I start filming I used a Canon 1300D camera for filming but camera was made for photography not for filming and quality of videos not good enough . The maximum lenght for a video is 15 minutes and dont have even an minimum 1920×1080 resolution. Camera is very good for filming short comercial videos like Youtube, TikTok, Facebook etc. But what of need it for long events like weddings you need e better camera.
- Use a tripod: Depending by your needs tripod can help stabilize your shots and make them look more professional. Look for a model that is sturdy and can be adjusted to a variety of heights and angles. But what if the subject of filming is movin around? In that case you need a camera satbilizer aka GIMBAL and a monopied. Or, better buy a camera with a built in stabilizer. For example a camera Sony AX43 one and is very good.
- Invest in good lighting: Depending by your needs a good lighting is essential for producing professional-quality video. Look for lighting kits that offer a range of lighting options, including softboxes and umbrellas.
- Use a microphone: The built-in microphone on most cameras is not great, so it’s worth investing in a good external microphone to improve the audio quality of your videos.
- Use free or low-cost software: There are many free or low-cost video editing software options available, such as OpenShot if you are a begginer or DaVinci Resolve if you already have some notion of editing. These programs offer many of the same features as more expensive options, and can produce professional-quality results. OpenShot is absolutely free and open source and Davinci Resolve come in 2 versions: one absolute free to use but with few limitations and another paid but licence is for LIFETIME not based on subscription like many mafia companies do novadays.
- Utilize royalty-free music and stock footage: There are many websites that offer royalty-free music and stock footage at a low cost. Using these resources can help save money and add production value to your videos. I have a separated post about the best websites with free video footages, photos or music.
- Use your own props and locations: Instead of renting expensive props and locations, try using what you already have or shooting in your own home or office. Of course you can filming at client locations or a place like restaurant rented by your client for an event.
- Work alone or with a small team: I am working alone but sometimes I need help. A small, dedicated team can be more cost-effective than hiring a large crew.
- Plan ahead and stay organized: Careful planning and organization can help keep costs down and ensure that your shoots run smoothly
I gave you the most important tips, but you can find more usefull tips and triks if you spend some time to make a research and read more articles or watch videos about that subjebct on internet.Bonus tip: Use AI generated content (for now, January 2023 just images, sounds and texts). We already have some video generated images, that are not so goot yet, but here is my prediction for 2023: AI content will replace till end of year most of human generated content. A short article is coming about that is on work.
Disclaimer Jan 2-23: maybe in the future you will find some affiliate links on this post. For now you have only links for non-affiliate websites but you can help me buying my notebooks from Amazon.